It’s a great time of year to be picking the zucchini in your garden or finding them at your local Farmer’s Market. Zucchini Bread is hands down my favorite way to eat this wonderful summer squash. But I’m curious, what is your favorite way to eat it?
Growing up, my Mom did a lot of baking. She entered our county fair many times and walked away with a lot of ribbons. And believe me, her Zucchini Bread recipe takes the cake. It is worthy of a Champion Ribbon in my book. I am delighted to announce that I think I finally have Mom’s recipe adapted to be gluten free, egg free and nut free and still turn out like her’s. (Although… my parents are coming to visit soon and my Dad will be a good judge of that.) So go get some zucchini ready and let’s make this tasty Zucchini Bread.
3 c Natalie’s Gluten Free Flour Mix
1 t baking soda
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1 T cinnamon
1/2 c coconut oil (melt before measuring)
1/2 c applesauce
1 T vanilla
2 c sugar
2 c zucchini, peeled & grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 loaf pans. Butter and then dust with the Gluten Free Flour Mix.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the flour through cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil through sugar and mix.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir.
5. Stir in the zucchini and pour into prepared pans. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.