Gluten free, egg free, nut free biscotti?! Absolutely! After a few attempts that didn’t turn out so well, we have a winner!
When my husband came home from work today, he said, “Wow, something smells good! Are we having cookies for dinner?”
These little biscotti turned out exactly how I like them, soft after a dip in coffee, full of flavor, crisp yet tender.
2 c Natalie’s Gluten Free flour mix
1 1/2 t baking powder
3/4 c sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
3 t Ener-G Egg Replacer whisked with 4 T warm water
1 c toasted sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 (approx. 2 oz) high quality dark chocolate (like PASCHA’s 55% CACAO), cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line edged cookie sheet with parchment paper, spread coconut out on parchment paper. Cook in oven 3-5 minutes, keeping a close eye on it so it doesn’t get too dark. Remove from oven when golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, set aside.
4. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix on medium speed until creamy.
5. Slowly add egg replacer to sugar mixture and mix just until combined. Add flour to mixer one cup at a time and mix just until combined.
6. Stir in toasted coconut and dark chocolate chunks.
7. Shape into 6 inch rolls then place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten the roll to about 3/4 inch thick.
8. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool about 30 minutes.
9. Cut the biscotti diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place cut side down on cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake another 5-10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
This recipe has been shared on:
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free’s Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
Real Food Allergy Free’s Allergy Free Wednesdays