Pumpkin Pie’s closest relative is this gluten free, egg free Pumpkin Dessert. It is a fun little fresh take on pumpkin pie. You can make this a day in advance and just refrigerate until ready to serve. Prepare it in a 9 X 13 pan or into little punch cups for portable individual servings.
This hard-to-wait-for delicious dessert, will be on our family’s Thanksgiving Day menu.
Pumpkin Dessert was a huge hit in our house when my mom made it growing up and now it is a big hit again while we make it gluten free.
Thanks to Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies, the graham cracker crust is a snap to make. This is actually how I always make “graham cracker crusts.” So anytime you need to make a gluten free graham cracker crust, remember this simple and flavorful one.
1 1/2 c crushed Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies
1/3 c butter, melted
1. In a ziploc bag, crush the cookies with a rolling pin. Or you could pulse the cookies in a food processor.
2. In a medium bowl, pour out the crushed cookies. Add the melted butter. Toss with a fork until all the crumbs are moist from the butter.
3. For 8 X 8 pan: Place buttered crumbs into bottom of the pan and gently pat down.
For individual servings, place a spoonful of crumbs into the bottom of a punch cup and gently pat down with a fork. (This whole recipe will make approximately 18 individual cups)
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
30 large marshmallows
1 c pumpkin
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t salt
1 c whipping cream
8 oz tub Cool Whip
1. In a large pan, add marshmallow, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Over low heat, stir constantly until all the marshmallows have melted. Turn off heat and cool for 1 hour.
2. Gently fold in whipping cream. Then, pour over completely cool crust. Refrigerate.
3. Top with Cool Whip just prior to serving.
If you’d like to make a 9 x13 pan, then double the crust, filling and cool whip.