Well, hello cream filled goodness!
These little cookies are inspired by Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Cream Pies but have their own unique spin on them. They are a crisp oatmeal cookie filled with a wonderful, cream frosting. These are a big hit with the kids!
1 t xanthan gum
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon
3 c Gluten Free Oats
1 1/4 c butter, softened
1 c light brown sugar, packed
1/2 c sugar
2 T coconut oil, melted
2 t vanilla extract
1/2 c coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats. Set aside.
3. In mixer, combine butter and sugars. Mix on medium until creamy. Add coconut oil and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add flour, gradually to the creamy mixture until mixed well.
5. Scoop dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Then, transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
1/2 c butter, softened
2 c powdered sugar
2 T + 1 1/2 t whipping cream (if too stiff to spread on cookies, add 1/4 t cream at a time)
1 t vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix on low to combine, then on high until light and fluffy.
2. Spread about 1 T onto one cookie, then top with another cookie.
Recipe adapted from myrecipes.com.