Chocolate and cream cheese?! Yes, please!
Try these moist chocolate cupcakes ASAP!
Thanks to the old, familiar crazy cake recipe,
these gluten free, egg free cupcakes are a breeze.
Bring these to your next celebration and everyone will be pleased.
3 c Natalie’s Gluten Free Flour Mix (recipe here)
2 c sugar
1/3 c cocoa powder
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t vanilla extract
2 T white vinegar
3/4 c coconut oil, melt before measuring (or canola oil)
2 c cold water
1 1/2 c Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners, then spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together well.
3. Make 3 holes in dry ingredients. In one hole, pour vanilla. In another hole, pour vinegar. In the third hole, pour oil. Pour cold water over the whole bowl. With a whisk, mix just until completely blended. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared muffin tin, about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, in a convection oven. (Or 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees, in a regular oven).
5. Remove from oven, remove cupcakes onto wire rack to cool.
6. Frost when completely cool.
1 package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
4 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1 t vanilla
1. In mixer bowl, add cream cheese and butter. With paddle attachment, mix on high for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture becomes fluffy.
2. Mix in milk and vanilla.
3. Mix in powdered sugar, half at a time.
* If not set firm enough to your liking, you can add more powdered sugar or you can try refrigerating the frosting.
Frost your cupcakes!