Get ready for a fudge like taste with these Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies, or as a friend of mine called them, Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are gluten free, egg free and nut free, hooray!
It took a little work to get this recipe down, but it was one of those recipes that even the flops were really tasty. The first batch I tried, never set. You had to eat them with a spoon. I saved that “oops” batch and can’t wait to mix it in with some ice cream for a yummy cold treat (maybe after our snow is gone). Yes, believe it, we still have snow outside and it is mid-April…yikes!! No matter the weather, you are sure to love these little treats!
3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life brand)
1 3/4 c Natalie’s Gluten Free Flour Mix
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1/4 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 t dry egg replacer (like Ener-G brand) whisked with 2 T warm water
3/4 c white chocolate chips (or more semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt 3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips and allow to cool back to room temperature.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla. Add egg replacer mixture and cooled, melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix together well. Stir in 3/4 c white chocolate chips.
5. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.