This hotdish (yep, I’m from the midwest) is a great comfort food. I found this recipe on Cooking Light and have adapted it. Next time, I might try it in my dutch oven or a corningware dish. But I have to say, somehow the 9 x 13 pan makes the casserole look a bit fancier.
This recipe can be made ahead of time. Enjoy!
2 c cooked chicken breast, chopped
2 c (about 7 oz) uncooked corn spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces (Gluten Free- I used Trader Joe’s)
1 c red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c onion, chopped
1 c gluten free chicken broth
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 boxes Pacific Foods Cream of Chicken soup (Gluten Free) or to make your own see below
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, noodles, red bell pepper and onion.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the broth, salt, pepper and cream of chicken soup. Add the soup mixture to the chicken mixture and toss. Pour into baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
To make your own Cream of Chicken Soup:
3 T butter
3 T gluten free flour
2 c (or 15 oz can) gluten free chicken broth
1. Melt butter in pan, add flour and whisk together until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Slowly add broth, while stirring with whisk continuously until thick and bubbly.