Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Get ready for a light and fluffy dessert that is softly sweet. It is a great choice for when you want to make your dessert the night before.
Blueberry Lemon Dream Cake
1 c Natalie’s Gluten Free Flour Mix
3/4 c ground flax seeds
6 T butter, melted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 c cold water
1 lemon, zested
2 pkg low fat cream cheese
2 c powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip or similar whipped topping
1 can blueberry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9 x 13 pan by coating with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the gluten free flour and ground flax. Whisk together. Pour in melted butter and stir to combine. Press into prepared 9 x 13 pan using the back of a fork. If you have trouble with the flour mixture sticking to the fork, try spraying the fork with cooking spray. Bake for 12 -15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
3. While the crust is baking, in a small sauce pan, add the cold water then sprinkle in the gelatin. Let stand for a minute. Heat over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly. You will want to add it to the cream cheese before it cools and sets.
4. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add warm gelatin and lemon zest and mix until smooth. Fold in cool whip.
5. Spoon over completely cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.