Leftover spaghetti noodles and sauce sitting in my fridge got me thinking, I wonder if I can try to re-create Tucci Benucci’s Baked Spaghetti at home? Traditional recipes call for eggs but were they really necessary? So I gave it a try. It was AMAZING! My whole family was really excited about the results! My son, Noah, cleared his plate and I told him I don’t remember him EVER eating everything on his plate. Even with pizza, he always leaves the crust. The kids were told when their plates were empty they could have a little of the leftover Tres Leche Cake. Noah informed us that Tres Leche Cake was worth it! This is a recipe I will make over and over again, planning spaghetti one night (making enough for leftovers) and then this a couple nights later for a really easy delicious meal.
* Notice the little corner with no sauce for our sauceless girl, her corner tasted like Mac n Cheese.
1 package (16 oz) GF spaghetti noodles, cooked (we love the Trader Joe’s Corn Spaghetti)
2 c Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 stick butter
16 oz low fat cottage cheese
1 c grated Parmesan Reggiano Cheese (or regular parmesan would work too)
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan (I used butter).
2. Place 1/2 stick butter in large pot, melt then toss with cooked noodles. Add cottage cheese and parmesan, toss gently to combine.
3. Spread 1/2 of spaghetti noodles in 9 x 13 pan. Pour 1/2 of sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Repeat layers of noodles, sauce and top with mozzarella.
4. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove tinfoil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top is bubbly and light brown.